SharePoint Insider Browser plug-in has just been released
SharePoint Insider (SPI) for Chrome is a free SharePoint Discovery tool for Developers and supports SharePoint Online, 2016 and 2013. It runs in read-only mode so you can investigate your SharePoint Sites and explore SharePoint object properties without risking making any accidental changes. It runs standalone in the browser and doesn’t need anything to be installed on the server.
To use SharePoint Insider:
1. Add it to the the browser
2. Login to your SharePoint Site. You can navigate to a subsite if you want to investigate that.
3. Once your site is loaded in the browser launch SharePoint Insider from the Chrome browser toolbar.
Now you can
1. Explore and investigate Sharepoint sites, libraries, lists, items, features, columns, content types, pages, users, groups and plus a lot more
2. View the REST requests and JSON data.
3. Open a SharePoint location in a new browser tab
Benefits and use cases
1. No need to install/run .exe on client machine or server
2. Mac users can use it in Chrome too
3. Single sign-on experience
4. Explore, Investigate and Browser- unified experience
6. Tell us any other benefits/use you see, would love to hear
Note: SPI has just been released so there might be some issues, please report to us if you find any and we will try to fix asap. Also if you have any feedback then we will love to hear that.
Also check our other free chrome extension ‘FlyView for SharePoint’ for business users and administrators (developers can use it too!)
Aurora Bits Team