Today I am so glad to announce the release of the FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise version. A trial version is available to download now, download link is at the end of the page.
What is it?
FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise follows deploy once and use everywhere. It is installed on SharePoint server/site collection in SharePoint Online, 2016/13/10 and displays a dynamic site menu when a user logs in, enabling the users to explore the entire SharePoint Site without having a single mouse click. It supports all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, FireFox etc including mobile devices (limited support).
Why did we create the Enterprise version?
FlyView, the innovative navigation and content discovery SharePoint browser plug-in, is available for the Chrome web browser for free for single users. However, the Chrome browser plugin deployment model poses the following challenges for an organisation
- Asking individual users to install the chrome extension themselves
- Some users will install and some won’t
- the new users will have to be asked to install it manually
- Lack of centralized configuration and control for the options/settings available in FlyView:
- Different user experience, users will have to be told the optimum settings for your environment
- Not having the solution available in Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari:
- Users must use Chrome or Edge browsers as the FlyView for SharePoint browser plugin only available for them.
It is very easy to install and configure FlyView Enterprise edition.
To install the Enterprise version:
- Upload the .wsp to the solution gallery
- Activate the feature.
Advanced Customisations and Configuration
- You have the option to change the configuration settings, like the location of the menu bar, size, sites where FlyView is enabled/disabled and location of the FlyView menu bar etc.
And that’s it! Now when users log in to a SharePoint site where FlyView is activated they will see FlyView on top of the page (default setting).
The following table lists the key features with reference to the FlyView chrome extension: