SharePoint Insider is a versatile SharePoint app with additional useful features. SharePoint Insider allows you to explore behind the scene SharePoint objects and their properties for development, content exploration, debugging, troubleshooting and providing technical support. There are different product versions and you can choose one that is best for you. SharePoint insider is available as a chrome Plug-in, Win Client Version, Sandbox and Sandbox Lite versions. It is also available for Farm and Farm Lite servers. The versions differ primarily on their operational mode (i.e. read-only or read/write) and deployment method (server or client).
Using one of the SharePoint Insider products you can:
– Explore the SharePoint objects and their properties without remoting in to the server as an admin
– You can install once on the farm and access in any site
– You can install it on a specific site/sub-site only
– You can deploy the read-only versions so that you do not make any changes by accident
– You do not need to go through IT support
Furthermore, SharePoint Insider allows you to execute the CAML queries on any supported SharePoint objects.